Marumi DHG ND8
The Marumi DHG ND8 is a standard model well-suited to whom a reasonable Neutral Density is required.
- Certified German Quality Glass, B270i
- 8x-Filter factor, 3-stops, 0.9-Optical density, ascertained color fidelity by ND coating (Specification values)
- Anti-reflection coating sustains a low reflection
- Realized a thin frame to avoid vignetting even with wide-angle lens
- Made in Japan
What is a ND filter, and why should you use it?
Have you experienced the shutter being released earlier than you expected when shooting under too-bright sunlight, when shooting a highly reflective water surface, etc.?
Have you also experienced when shooting video, the motion blur is not effective enough to have appeared as you think it as "cinematic" looks?
"The light volume can be reduced by using ND filter, and you can intentionally control shutter speed and iris value."
Even if you are not familiar with slower shutter speeds or controlling aperture, the ND filter enables you to capture more artistic photos than usual.
A Neutral Density (ND) filter allows you to;
- reduce the amount of light entering into either image sensor or film without affecting the color.
- maintain appropriate exposure under bright light conditions
"Neutral" means that there is no effect on the color of your image.
"Density" means the intensity of the light in exposure.
The superior ND filter only reduce the amount of light without affecting any impact on image color, contrast or sharpness.
|Model||Marumi DHG ND8|
|Available Sizes, mm||37, 40.5, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82|
|Amount of light (ND0.0=1)||1/8|
|Frame structure||Thin frame|
|Frame structure||Satin finish|
|Frame structure||Lens cap attachable|