Marumi EXUS Lens Protect SOLID
The Marumi EXUS Lens Protect SOLID is an ultimate Lens Protection with high scratch resistance to be used in a harsh environment
- Certified German quality glass, Schott Xensation, achieved 700Hv Vickers Hardness, seven times more durable than the conventional glass
- The upmost coating technology implemented;
- Anti-static coating (ASC) works wonders on the surface of a glass. Dust and dirt adhered to the surface can be quickly and easily blown off.
- Water-/Oil repellent coating shed water off simply also by the air blower. Nuisances such as sweats, skin crème, lotion, fingerprint, or compounded grease stains will be wiped off.
- ASC Coating reduce the reflection rate 0.2% (420-680nm average)
- Enhanced lens protective function by adapting glass thickness 1.8mm while strengthening filter mount assembling with a ring structure for the sake of maintaining total strength of filter structure
- Thin frame structure to avoid vignetting
- Made in Japan, the best ascertained protective option for your precious lens
What is the benefit of using a Lens Protector?
Does it affect image quality? Why Lens Protector instead of UV?
A Lens Protect filter allows you to;
- purely protects your delicate and expensive camera lens from dust, fingerprint, scratches, or, more importantly, from physical shock and damages without affecting image quality.
Many photographers attach a UV filter predominantly in terms of protection. However, a UV filter is designed primarily for UV Protection by optical significance.
It does provide a certain degree of physical protection, such as avoiding scratches in the result. This protective function is contingent on UV Cut.
If your intention is purely to protect your camera and lens from physical damage or mechanical shock, you better should consider choosing a Lens Protector.
By all means, UV Protections are also recommendable for Lens Protection. However, it will be more costly to expect the same level of optical benefit with physical protection.
While Lens Protectors provide pure protection, UV filters are used, taking the shooting location and the weather into account.
|Model||Marumi EXUS Lens Protect SOLID|
|Available Sizes, mm||37, 39, 40.5, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82, 86, 95|
|Coating||Water-/Oil Repellent, Fingerprint-resistant|
|Frame structure||Thin frame|
|Frame structure||Satin finish|
|Frame structure||Lens cap attachable|