Marumi DHG Lens Protect
The Marumi DHG Lens Protect is a standard model Protector well-suited to whom a reasonable Protection with low reflectance is required.
- Certified German quality glass, B270i with high scratch resistance performance
- High transmittance approximately 99.4% (400-700nm average rate)
- Ten layers of Anti-reflection coating sustain a reflection rate 0.5% (420-680nm average)
- Realized a thin frame to avoid vignetting even with a wide-angle lens
- Knurling embedded on the lightweight frame enables easy and smooth handling
- Made in Japan
What is the benefit of using a Lens Protector?
Does it affect image quality? Why Lens Protector instead of UV?
A Lens Protect filter allows you to;
- purely protects your delicate and expensive camera lens from dust, fingerprint, scratches, or, more importantly, from physical shock and damages without affecting image quality.
Many photographers attach a UV filter predominantly in terms of protection. However, a UV filter is designed primarily for UV Protection by optical significance.
It does provide a certain degree of physical protection, such as avoiding scratches in the result. This protective function is contingent on UV Cut.
If your intention is purely to protect your camera and lens from physical damage or mechanical shock, you better should consider choosing a Lens Protector.
By all means, UV Protections are also recommendable for Lens Protection. However, it will be more costly to expect the same level of optical benefit with physical protection.
While Lens Protectors provide pure protection, UV filters are used, taking the shooting location and the weather into account.
|Model||Marumi DHG Lens Protect|
|Available Sizes, mm||37, 39, 40, 40.5, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82, 86, 95, 105|
|Frame structure||Thin frame|
|Frame structure||Satin finish|
|Frame structure||Lens cap attachable|