Marumi EXUS UV
The Marumi EXUS UV is a flagship model UV filter especially suited on the presupposition that the filter shall be habitually attached to the lens.
- Certified Japan quality glass, OMG L-41 Sharp cut UV
- High transmittance approximately 98.2% (400-700nm average rate)
- The upmost coating technology implemented, twenty-two layers in total on both sides;
- Anti-static coating (ASC) works wonders on the surface of a glass. Dust and dirt adhered to the surface can be quickly and easily blown off.
- Water-/Oil repellent coating shed water off simply also by the air blower. Nuisances such as sweats, skin crème, lotion, fingerprint, or compounded grease stains will be wiped off.
- ASC Coating and light-blocking ridges inside the ring reduce the reflection rate under 0.3%. (420-680nm average)
- Enhanced flattness and lens protection realized by adapting glass thickness 2.0mm
- Realized a thin frame to avoid vignetting
- Knurling embedded on the lightweight frame enables easy and smooth handling
- "Made in Japan" optical precision and performance
What is the benefit of using a UV filter?
Why do many photographers leave UV filters on their lenses more-or-less permanently?
A UV(Haze) filter allows you to;
- prevents or attenuate a specific range of ultraviolet lights that pass into a camera to restrain haze and glare
- maintain image contrast and sharpness while reducing bluish color cast
- protect your camera lens from physical damages and many nuisances
A UV filter protects your delicate and expensive camera lens from dust, fingerprint, scratches, or, more importantly, from physical shock and damages.
It does, however, sound like the functions of another filter, Lens Protector, because a UV filter plays a role in lens protection and avoiding negative influences caused on images by Ultraviolet lights.
So what's the difference?
UV (Ultraviolet) radiation affects image quality in the form of haze, which impairs contrast and sharpness in the image.
UV filters are longpass filters that block & cut the UV wavelength range and transit the visual spectrum, the light we see in our eyes.
|Marumi EXUS UV
|Available Sizes, mm
|49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82
|Water-/Oil Repellent, Fingerprint-resistant
|Japanese OMG L-41 Sharp Cut UV
|Light blocking ridges
|Lens cap attachable