Marumi CREATION Variable ND2.5-256/V
The Marumi CREATION Variable ND2.5-ND256/V is variable ND especially suited for those who shoot mainly videography
- Variable Neutral Density filter with 2.5 to 256x -Filter factor that provides 1.3 to 8-stop exposure reduction, equivalent to 0.4 to 2.4 optical density.
- The upmost coating technology implemented;
- Anti-static coating (ASC) works wonder on the surface of a glass. Dust and dirt adhered on the surface can be quickly and easily blown off.
- Water-/Oil repellent coating sheds water off simply also by the air blower. Nuisances such as sweats, skin crème, lotion, fingerprint or compounded stain of grease will be wiped off.
- ASC Coating sustains a low reflection
- Two removable long and short knobs, Side levers are supplied to improve operability so that density can be adjusted quickly, smoothly, and intuitively.
- A physical stopper is equipped at the Min/Max position to prevent further rotation of the filter frame to prevent unnecessary over-turning.
- Knurling embedded on the lightweight frame enables easy and smooth handling
- Made in Japan, indurated lamination technology by decades of technical succession.
What is a ND filter, and why should you use it?
Have you experienced the shutter being released earlier than you expected when shooting under too-bright sunlight, when shooting a highly reflective water surface, etc.?
Have you also experienced when shooting video, the motion blur is not effective enough to have appeared as you think it as "cinematic" looks?
"The light volume can be reduced by using ND filter, and you can intentionally control shutter speed and iris value."
Even if you are not familiar with slower shutter speeds or controlling aperture, the ND filter enables you to capture more artistic photos than usual.
A Neutral Density (ND) filter allows you to;
- reduce the amount of light entering into either image sensor or film without affecting the color.
- maintain appropriate exposure under bright light conditions
"Neutral" means that there is no effect on the color of your image.
"Density" means the intensity of the light in exposure.
The superior ND filter only reduce the amount of light without affecting any impact on image color, contrast or sharpness.
|Model||Marumi CREATION Variable ND2.5-256/V|
|Available Sizes, mm||67, 77, 82|
|Amount of light (ND0.0=1)||1/2.5-1/256|
|Coating||Water-/Oil Repellent, Fingerprint-resistant|
|Frame structure||Thin frame|
|Frame structure||Satin finish|
|Frame structure||Lens cap attachable|