Marumi DHG UV
The Marumi DHG UV is a standard model UV control filter well-suited to whom a reasonable sharp cut UV is required.
- Certified Japan Quality Glass, OMG L-41 Sharp cut UV based on high-quality optical glass with high scratch resistance performance. *EL37 used for diameter over 86mm
- High transmission approximately more than 98.3% (400-700nm average rate)
- Ten layers of Anti-reflection coating sustain a reflection rate under 0.5% (420-680nm average)
- Realized a thin aluminum frame to avoid vignetting
- Knurling embedded on the lightweight frame enables easy and smooth handling
- "Made in Japan" optical precision and performance
What is the benefit of using a UV filter?
Why do many photographers leave UV filters on their lenses more-or-less permanently?
A UV(Haze) filter allows you to;
- prevents or attenuate a specific range of ultraviolet lights that pass into a camera to restrain haze and glare
- maintain image contrast and sharpness while reducing bluish color cast
- protect your camera lens from physical damages and many nuisances
A UV filter protects your delicate and expensive camera lens from dust, fingerprint, scratches, or, more importantly, from physical shock and damages.
It does, however, sound like the functions of another filter, Lens Protector, because a UV filter plays a role in lens protection and avoiding negative influences caused on images by Ultraviolet lights.
So what's the difference?
UV (Ultraviolet) radiation affects image quality in the form of haze, which impairs contrast and sharpness in the image.
UV filters are longpass filters that block & cut the UV wavelength range and transit the visual spectrum, the light we see in our eyes.
|Marumi DHG UV
|Available Sizes, mm
|49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82, 86, 95, 105
|OMG L-41 Sharp Cut UV
|Lens cap attachable